TL;DR: Locastic is hiring an HTML/CSS slicer with mid to senior experience. We’re based in Split, but open to remote candidates, gross salary between 10-18.000 HRK, fill the form below with some previous work, and Ana will get in touch in a day or two.
Locastic team is looking for a few experienced web slicers with a UX-oriented mindset that can help us develop more award-winning solutions in 2021. Are you someone who can turn Axure prototypes and Figma designs into responsive apps and websites using visually appealing, pixel-perfect HTML and CSS code? Keep reading!
Locastic is a software development team that develops web and mobile apps for amazing clients, ranging from award-winning startups like Omolab, up to large enterprise brands including Cedevita, A1, Tommy, GFNY, PBZ, and Daikin.
Most of us are based in sunny Split, but we are open to remote work; so for example – One of us ran away to snowy Graz, Stephane prefers the comfort of his own home in France, while Ghaith, who just joined us from Tunisia, is considering a permanent move to Croatia. Ultimately, you can work from anywhere, as long as your tasks from Jira are finding their way to the DONE section.
Who are we looking for?
A full-time frontend developer that can tick the majority of the below-mentioned requirements:
- Semantic and well-structured HTML with pixel-perfect CSS styling
- Ability to pull off any design and layout to perfectly match the design on all platforms, devices, and viewport sizes.
- Advanced knowledge of CSS processors like Sass or postCSS.
- Intermediate or higher experience with modern .js (vanilla and frameworks)
- Competence to create visually appealing animated user interactions
- Ability to understand and apply UX best practices, eg. no layout shifts on interaction, accessible form controls, visible feedbacks for user actions, etc.
- Experience with version control systems (GIT)
- Ability to implement complex interactions and animation where needed
- Ability to organize code with methodologies like BEM, OOCSS or SMACSS
- Understanding of quality design and architecture patterns
- Effective communication, collaboration, and documentation skills
- Support IE11 with possible graceful downgrades where needed
- Experience with, and the ability to adapt to working inside different stack environments e.g. react, twig, WordPress, etc.
Doesn’t look scary, does it? Every bullet-point listed is a small piece of our regular workflow in the frontend department. The team is well-structured and they will patiently guide you through the onboarding process and they might even give you bonus points for the following:
- Experience with style-guide pattern library tools
- Previous involvement with CI/CD
- An aspiration to share knowledge among team members
- Willingness to develop further Js/React skills in the future
The Monthly (gross) salary for this position is estimated at around 10.000 to 18.000 HRK, depending on your current skill level, but besides a hefty salary, you’ll also unlock these delightful perks.
How about you stop browsing and start applying?
Lead Project Manager
"That feeling when I receive a new job application."
"I can't wait to share my music playlist with you."
"Did you log the hours in Jira?"
Let's move the money barrier out the way and negotiate the terms that will make you satisfied.
Flexible work time
Adjust your work-life balance by having more control over your working hours.
Every year ends with a Christmas party that no one remembers, but you’ll also get a hefty bonus for a job well done.
It doesn’t matter where you work from, as long as you can fit into our culture and handle your responsibilities.
You are in charge of your own progress - pick a conference and we’ll send you there. Do you also have event-speaking aspirations? We’ll reward you for it.
During the winter we pinpoint a ski resort for some snowboarding, while in summer… well, just Google "Stončica Bay".
Open Source work
We enjoy doing Open Source projects because nothing really beats the feeling of a proper community contribution.
Too lazy to book a doctor’s appointment? We’ll take care of that.
Evolve skills into expertise
Instead of changing technologies every now and then, we will invest into your journey of becoming a React, UX, Symfony, or Angular expert.
Paid-vacation for everyone
It doesn’t matter if you are a student, or a full-time employee. You are an essential part of our team and you deserve a proper holiday.
Free education. We bring prominent tech speakers to Split every month - learn from the best!
Are you a gamer? Welcome to the temple of Good Game Global 2019 reigning champions.
That’s about it, we’ve told you all about the job – submit an application and we’ll get back to you in a bit.